Saturday, November 21, 2009

Coca Cola with Ginger

I was down with a terrible flu just the other day. My nose was running like a tap, my eyes were watering and the amount of tissues I've used up piled into a hill. But I stopped myself from popping cold tablets. No prescribed medicine for me as I have to take care of the little one. I was afraid those medicine might cause drowsiness and knock me out. Not even the ones sold over the counters that promise non-drowsiness. Tried once and I ended up in sleepyland.

So I tried the home remedy of boiling ginger with Coca Cola instead. And it work miracles. But do not expect the coke to be nice and fizzy. After all the boiling, all you get is a glass of flat coke with a tinge of spiciness from the ginger. Not exactly tasty but effective. ;)



Ingredients
1 can of Coca Cola
50g of ginger (peeled and pounded)

Preparation
Empty the can of Coke into a pot.
Add in the ginger.
Bring to a boil before simmering for another 2-3 minutes.
Leave to cool slightly before serving.

0 comments: