Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sweet & Sour Fish Fillet

I am desperately trying to clear my fridge. The fish fillets that my Father-in-law bought for my daughter is taking over my entire freezer compartment. Although I agree that it's good for babies to take more fish. But my fridge is simply overstocked with them. There's so much fish in there that I hardly have any space for my seafood and meat. Sounds exaggerated, but true.

Anyway, this recipe is very similar to Sweet & Sour Pork. Just replace the meat with fish. Veggies are optional. And the sauce remains the same.


Ingredients
200g of fish (cut into bite-size pieces)
3 tablespoons of ketchup
2 teaspoons of sugar
Cornflour
Cornstarch
Sesame seeds

Marinate sauce for the fish
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
1/2 cap of shaoxing wine
1/2 tablespoon of thinly sliced ginger

Preparation
Mix all the ingredients for the marinate sauce together.
Add in the fish and toss thoroughly.
Set aside in the fridge and leave it to marinate for at least an hour.
Coat the marinated fish with cornflour before deep frying it over medium heat.
Remove from oil and set aside to drain when the fish turns golden brown.
In another pan, add sugar and ketchup to 120ml of water.
Bring to a boil.
Drizzle in the cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
Remove from heat and toss in the fish.
Make sure every piece is well coated with the sauce.
Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.

0 comments: