Monday, June 8, 2009

Mee Sua Soup AKA 面线汤

As a tradition in my family, my Mommy cooks mee sua for the birthday member. The birthday mee sua that we had usually consists on meatballs, egg, veggies and prawns.

Tradition aside, it's always heartwarming to have something specially prepared for you by your loved ones who put in much efforts and time. In the past, I prefer going to restaurants for a sumptuous meal on my birthday. But as I grow older, I feel grateful that I'm able to enjoy a bowl of mee sua prepared by my Mom. And I would gladly choose that bowl of mee sua over anything.

June is the birthday month of my husband. So I am cooking this for him. But his birthday mee sua is nothing like the traditional one as I dumped in some of his favorite ingredients as well. Well, it's his birthday! So long as the birthday dude is happy.


Ingredients
A small bundle of mee sua
1 hard boiled egg
50g of minced pork
2 prawns
Slices of abalone
Vegetables
Stock
1/2 tablespoon of soya sauce
Sesame oil
Pepper

Preparation
Marinate the meat with soya sauce, a few drops of sesame oil and a dash of pepper.
Leave for at least 30 minutes in the fridge before shaping into balls.
Into a pot of boiling water, drizzle a tablespoon of cooked oil in it before adding in the mee sua.
Remove from heat once cooked.
Bring the stock to a boil, add in the prawns, abalone, vegetables and minced meatballs.
Arrange the cooked ingredients on a bowl together with the mee sua before ladling the soup over.
Serve immediately.

0 comments: