Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Corokke AKA Croquette

My husband and I used to buy our croquettes from the Japanese croquette shop - Corochan's Corokke

Love their original corokke best of all. If I didn't remember wrongly, it consists mainly of potatoes and mushrooms. Best eaten when pipping hot!

I used to frequent the outlet at Bugis Junction. But to my dismay, ever since the renovation, I've never seen Corochan's Corokke again. I always thought that the outlet at Bugis shifted elsewhere. And I was too lazy to find out where the other branches are. Until recently, I did a online search, was shocked to learn that they went bankrupt in 2007... It seems like even the franchise outlets in Japan have ceased operations.

Noooooo....!!!!!

Was forced to make my own croquette...


Ingredients
300g of potatoes
100g of button mushrooms (finely diced)
1 tablespoon of butter
1 egg yolk
Salt
Pepper
1 egg (beaten)
Plain flour
Breadcrumbs

Preparation
Peel and cut potatoes into large cubes.
Boil in water(with salt added) until tender. Drain well and mash.
Combine potatoes with butter, egg yolk and mushrooms.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix well and spread mixture onto a greased baking sheet.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold.
Shape mixture into small logs or patties.
Coat with cornflour and shake off the excess.
Dip into beaten egg.
Coat well with breadcrumbs.
Deep fry till it turns golden brown.
Serve on shredded cabbage (optional)

0 comments: